Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Test Pack

I'm all packed, though I'm about to unpack. I just wanted to make sure that everything would fit in my backpack. I'm taking this Voltaic solar-paneled backpack:


It's awesome and can charge my iphone and my cameras, (though I'm honestly a little scared to plug my video camera into this thing). And it does it all "on the go"- as long as my back's getting some sun it will be charging my appliances. It's not huge, but it is surprisingly roomy. I'm traveling pretty light, but I've crammed in shirts, boxers, socks, cords, hats, snacks, a rain jacket, an electric razor, and a laptop and there's still some extra room. I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff which should top it off.

Only five days to go now. It's starting to dawn on me that even though I've been planning this for nearly a year, I still have no clue what I'm getting into.

And don't forget- I'll be on KGW's Live @ 7 tonight. If you're in Portland, OR you can watch on channel 8, if you're somewhere else you can watch at kgw.com.

And no news from Ellen Degeneres. I haven't even heard back from the follow-up email I sent yesterday. Maybe that means they're discussing it? Or maybe they've dedicated a recycling bin to me? Well, I hope it's a recycling bin and not a trash can. I would expect at least that from Ellen.

1 comment:

SHB said...

Here's the link to the KGW @ 7 interview, although I couldn't get it to load: http://www.kgw.com/video/?z=y&nvid=351949&shu=1