Saturday, June 27, 2009

Nearly 100 with 1 day to go

It's been a busy few days in Seattle, and somehow this Un-Road Trip is coming to an end tomorrow. But first a quick recap of my other modes of transportation in Seattle.

#93 - Escalator up to the monorail at Westlake Center

IMG_0518.JPG

#94 - Monorail from Westlake Center to Seattle Center

IMG_0515.JPG

#95 - Elevator to the top of the Space Needle

#96 - Roller Skates

IMG_0520.JPG

I stopped by my former place of employment, Groupee, and borrowed them from my friend Paul. I skated around the office, but soon realized that I didn't actually know how to roller skate. I guess I haven't done it in about ten years, and now that I think of it I'm not sure if I ever really knew how to skate.

#97 - Rowboat

IMG_0521.JPG

I headed down to the Center for Wooden Boats on Lake Union, rented a rowboat, and paddled out to the middle of the lake. It was a beautiful day for rowing, but rowing by myself was a little complicated as the rower faces backward and there was no one to tell me that I was about to hit a boat. I didn't actually hit a boat, but I may have come close.

#98 - Streetcar

IMG_0526.JPG

From South Lake Union I hopped on the streetcar to get back downtown. And with only two more modes of transportation to reach 100 I think I should be able to make it. In Portland I'm planning on riding velomobile, pedicab, and the aerial tram.

And lastly, don't forget the Un-Road Trip party coming up tomorrow, Sunday June 28th from 4-6PM at the Keen Footwear Headquarters in Portland (926 NW 13th Ave # 210). There will be alternative transportation to check out, a performance by jugband sensation The Dexter Street Stompers, food to eat, and new videos to watch. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bo, It was great to see you back in Portland yesterday. great party and great celebration of you and your great journey!! What an adventure you had. thanks for sharing it with all of us through your blog and videos. It was great to follow you along the way. now back to willowbrook. hope you have a great day today. now you are definitely the camp star!!
See you soon.
merrill