Friday, November 21, 2008

Barge and in Charge

I was having a hard time finding a river cruise to connect some Southern and Midwest cities, but the search is over thanks to RiverBarge. They operate cruises on "America's only floating hotel barge." When I think of barges, I think of an old camp song. Here's an especially melodic rendition of the "barge song," enhanced by a stirring slide show of somewhat relevant images:



But back to RiverBarge... They operate cruises year-round from New Orleans to St. Louis to Galveston, and many destinations in between. They may even put me to work on the ship in exchange for a free ride. It seems like a great way to experience some of America's waterways. I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

And I'll end with one more rendition of the "barge song."

No comments: