Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Made it to Tampa!

This was one of the most exhausting days of the trip. It may not have included tons of physical activity, but it involved more problem solving and close calls than any other day. I'm about to pass out on the train, but I'll do a quick recap. A panicked call to Nate at the Florida state tourism board connected me with Jennifer at the Charlotte Harbor Visitor's Center who put me in touch with Tracy who asked her dad if he'd give me a ride to Tampa on his motorcycle. He first heard about the trip at 10:30 this morning and at 11 he picked me up in Punta Gorda and we were off on the 100 mile journey. I met up with some other cool folks in Tampa- Nancy and Jeff who make electric hybrid yachts and Scott who started Suncoast Electric Bikes. I'll fill you in on those later. Now I'm going to catch some sleep before my 4AM wake up call, when I get off the train in Columbia, SC

No comments: