Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Orleans to Florida- any ideas?

I'm trying to get across the Southern US as part of the Un-Road Trip, but I've reached a hitch in the plan. The train doesn't seem to be running between New Orleans, LA and Jacksonville, FL anymore. Now I need to find an alternative mode of transport. Any ideas? Anyone have any relatives who own boats in the area? The other option would be trying to take a cruise ship. Although no one runs ships that depart from New Orleans and arrive in mainland Florida, I could see if Carnival Cruise Lines would let me take one of their ships from New Orleans to Cozumel, Mexico and another ship back to Tampa. I'll get in touch with them this week.


In other news, I think I've made it into a documentary about Tenacious D, (the rock band fronted by Jack Black and Kyle Gass). It's on the new DVD, Tenacious D: The Complete Master Works 2. Watch the first minute of this trailer:



If you've memorized every interview I've ever conducted, that should sound familiar. Take a look at my interview with Jack and Kyle from when they were promoting the Tenacious D movie at about 2:20



I'm not sure if I actually show up in the documentary, but I'll have to watch it when I get back to the states. Or if someone else watches it, let me know...

No comments: